The medal, or more properly, the medalet, is a commemorative item from Glasgow's Daily Record newspaper, and was issued before the ship was named. So it does not carry the still unknown name, but rather the hull number of 534. 26 September 1934 is the launch date.
"Daily Record medalet commemorating RMS 534 ('Queen Mary'). Obverse: Busts conjoined of King George V and Queen Mary (left). Reverse: Port-bow view of the liner, figure 534. Legend: 'DAILY RECORD MEDAL. SEPTEMBER 26TH 1934.' The 'Queen Mary' was launched in 1934 having been built by John Brown & Company, Clydebank. 534 was her yard number. The 'Daily Record' is a Glasgow published newspaper." (Royal Museums Greenwich)
It is 32 mm wide, weighs 4 grams, and is made of tin.
There are currently many for sale on-line for about $18.
John Macoun Plaque
-
The plaque commemorating John Macoun stands next to the pathway a the
southeast corner of O'Connor Street and Argyle Avenue on the grounds of the
Canadia...